Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Conversation from March 29th, 2008

Here's a conversation I overheard between C, L, and our 11 year old babysitter/mother's helper A (I typed it up as they spoke while painting at the table):

[By way of back story, Tootie is L's imaginary friend. He appeared last fall after C started Kindergarten. His first appearances seemed to be when L would ask us, "Do you know Tootie from my class?" I think he was trying to have something comparable to all of C's new classmates and people she spoke about at school...lately Tootie appears at the table during meals or during play.]

So, here's what I just heard:

C: Are you talking to Tootie? [she says this to L]
L: yes.
C: Oh. Are you yelling at him?
L: Yes, I am yelling because he is in trouble again. Tootie is standing up and lying right in the street.
C: Standing up and lying down??
L: Well, just lying right down in the street and the cars just zoom right over him.
A: Who's Tootie?
L: My friend.
C: He made him up.
A: Where is he?
L: Right here. He lives in my finger. I have houses in there.


They all chat a few moments, then L says:

L: Tootie cracked his head open.
A: Do you think that's funny? Noooo. [she answers her own question]
L: The car just went right over him. Uh! uh! Tootie get out of my hand!!!! [ yells L, making struggling noises and grunts.]
C: Do some magic to get him out.
L: Ohhhh! I got him! [grunting with glee].

I guess the exorcism is over for now!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have loved to be there and heard it for myself, but you tell it well. How stinkin cute.