Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sleeping in the summer

It's hot here! We thought we could sweat it upstairs this summer, but, alas, we have all relocated due to the heat. The kids are set up in the basement, sleeping together on our futon. It's really really cool down there. In fact, I was chilly!

MP and I get to return to our old bedroom on the main floor [currently called the "guest room"].

As we made the futon and got C and L situated in the basement, it was clear they are very excited about this relocation. We do not own a baby monitor anymore, so we were discussing what they will do if they wake up in the night (because we won't be able to hear them call for us). L suggested that he talk to C if he needs anything because, "she's really a good helper." Then C chimed in and really warmed my heart. She said, "Yeah, if you need me and I am sleeping, just wake me up. And, if you forget that, just wake me up."

I am looking forward to a good night's sleep in a cool bedroom--with a regular ceiling!!! Our bedroom in the upstairs is built into the eaves and it's a pain to remember to duck to avoid hitting one's head.

I am glad summer temperatures are finally here. We worked outside today and then beat the heat by enjoying the shade of our huge maple tree. C and L played in the wading pool and sprinkler a lot. MP swept the roof and cleaned out the gutters. MS sat around eating bon bons and giving directions.

No comments: